TITLE: Academic Outcomes Director
REPORTS TO: Chief Academic Officer
SALARY RANGE: Negotiable based on experience
BGCMC is looking for an energetic, talented, and passionate candidate to serve as the Academic Outcomes Director. Under the supervision of the Chief Academic Officer, this position is responsible for developing and implementing academic programming such as STEM lessons, CTE programs (Teen Center), and ACT Prep. The Academic Outcomes Director is responsible for providing tutoring services for students at our traditional Clubhouse sites. This position would also be responsible for Academic Grants and Program Outcomes related to the traditional Clubhouse and school-based sites in the organization.
Academic Case Management (tutoring)
- Identify students at traditional Clubhouse sites who need tutoring services. These students will be tutored by the AOD or part-time tutors.
- Track students’ progress using Parent Portal, report cards, and /or other assessment tools.
- Communicate with parents/guardians, teachers, and Club staff about trouble areas or any other issue that requires attention on a weekly basis.
- Attend Parent/Teacher Conferences, and IEP meetings when necessary or requested by parents.
- Develop age appropriate STEM-based lessons that can be utilized at all Club sites.
- Assist Program Outcome Directors (POD’s) in the developing and Implementation of BGCA Academic Programs, such as Money Matters, Brain Gain, PowerHour, Computer Science Pathway, and Project Learn.
- Work closely with the Director of Program Quality and Program Outcomes Directors to maintain a strong alignment between programing across all three priority outcome areas.
- Assist Chief Academic Officer in developing/finding CTE programs for our Teen Center.
- Ensure that ACT Prep classes are being offered regularly onsite to Teen Center members.
Assist Chief Academic Officer
- Assist CAO by making sure that all parent portals UpToDate each month.
- Work with other program staff to ensure that our active rosters are up to date, biweekly.
- Assist CAO in finding part-time tutors at our all our sites.
- Assist CAO in managing part-time staff when necessary.
- Assist CAO and other program staff with inputting quarterly grades in database.
- Assist CAO, Unit Directors and Area Directors in planning Academic Celebrations each quarter at all sites.
- Assist CAO in ensuring that Grant Outcomes are being met at all relevant sites.
- Maintain open communication and collegial, positive relationships with BGCMC staff.
- Maintain open communication and collegial, positive relationships with Maury County Public School staff.
- Ability to coach, lead and mentor staff on program implementation. Able to develop and offer constructive criticism that is received well and leads to improved performance.
- Meet regularly with program and organization leadership team to align activities and plan accordingly to improvement plans and academic goals.
- Participate in professional development activities to learn about new innovative instructional strategies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or other academically related field is required.
- Teaching Licenses is preferred, but not required.
- 3+ years’ experience tutoring children, including teenagers.
- Established proficiency in all core subjects (ELA, Math, Science, and Social Studies)
- Background in middle and high school math and science is preferred.
- Proficient technology skills.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required. Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to lead and collaborate; strong leadership skills necessary.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a variety of assessment tools.
- Demonstrate knowledge of curriculum and subject matter.
- Ability to accomplish tasks under pressure.
- Prioritizes and follows through on tasks and assignments.
- Ability to connect and build positive relationships with youth-work professionals, other staff and targeted community members.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to manage time and projects efficiently.
- Communicates recommendations and suggestions clearly with all team members.
- Reliable transportation is a must.
- Must be willing to undergo a background check & drug screening.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job. All employees of Boys & Girls Clubs of Maury County are employees at will and signing this job description in no way enters into a contract for employment.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to Chief Academic Officer Kenny Anderson Jr. at email@example.com.