TITLE: Area Coordinator – South
PERFORMANCE PROFILE SOURCE: Area Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Area Director
Expected Hours: 35-40 Weekly
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Area Coordinator is a year-round lower Mid-level management position responsible for assisting the Area Director in overseeing daily planning, implementation, and evaluation of specific programs for youth between the ages of 5 and 18 within a designated area of club sites. Area Coordinators support our three priority outcome areas of Academic Success, Healthy Lifestyles, and Good Character and Leadership. The Area Coordinator provides leadership and supervision to assigned program and volunteer staff. Additional responsibilities include helping manage member & grant databases (MyClubHub/TN ELAP, SWORPS), managing Academic Case Studies, filling in as a Youth Development Coordinator, as needed, and assisting in fee collection as well as providing excellent customer service to the parents of the organization.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
1. Prepare Youth for Success
- Hold Youth Development Coordinators accountable for administering Club programs and activities that support Youth Development Outcomes.
- Ensure that Youth Development Coordinators are implementing day-to-day programs and activities in accordance with established schedules, standards, and goals.
- Ensure that members of all ages are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receiving proper instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
- Facilitate educational and recreational programs with children by directly interacting with them in small and large groups.
- Supervise and keep children safe by consistently roaming and monitoring the program space during Club activities.
- Program Implementation
- Uphold accountability standards to ensure that the goals of the organization ensure the health and safety of the members. Ensure site staff understand and effectively communicate said standards.
- Assist with the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis, which includes tracking outcome metrics; verify that programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
- Assist in controlling Club site program and activity expenditures within approved budget.
- Become familiar with the member management database (MyClubHub) and assist in processing new membership applications and recording attendance as needed.
- Record and track weekly attendance and tutoring hours into MyClubHub &/or SWORPS no later than the following Friday.
- Ensure member retention by monitoring the youth who attend and assist Area Director in calling parents of absent members.
- Coordinate with Director of Programs and Recruitment to ensure programming materials are delivered to sites in a timely manner based on program schedules.
- Coordinate with the Club Services Director to ensure the Continuous Quality Improvement cycle is being implemented.
- Responsible for ensuring proper staffing at sites, that staff to child ratio is in line with approved organizational standards (1:20) and cutting staff as member numbers decrease throughout the day.
- Demonstrate leadership to ensure proper conduct, safety, and development of members and adherence to organizational policies and procedures by all staff members on site. Ensure proper documentation of all site incidents in accordance with organizational policy and procedures.
- Allocate and monitor work assigned to program volunteers and staff, providing ongoing feedback and regular coaching. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff.
- Assist with fee collection as well as proper record keeping and reporting, including activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements, and any problems/issues.
- Ensure productive and effective performance by all program staff and volunteers.
- Ensure sites are staffed appropriately, adjusting as needed to keep site in expected ratio.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Serve as the Assistant to the Area Director, performing additional responsibilities as assigned under the direction of the Area Director. The Area Coordinator will be deployed to all sites within the area as needed to fill in/provide additional supervision for the Area Director
- Update the Area Director on a regular basis of daily interactions with children, parents, and school administration. Submit weekly financial reports to registrar to be turned in on fee collection days.
- Check in with Greatness Academy administration daily to check room availability and adjust program as necessary during school functions. Keep Area Director informed of any and all concerns of administration that need following up.
- Ensure that snacks are secured from BGCMC location as needed. Maintain accurate records of snacks tracking intake/output. Coordinate with appropriate school staff and Area Director as needed in the event of snack shortage.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and Area/Unit Director to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact as needed with school administration, parents, and others to assist in resolving problems in a timely and professional manner.
- High School Diploma
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of large, small, and team dynamics
- Demonstration of organizational, staff, and project management abilities.
- Reliable transportation required. Must be willing to use personal vehicle to travel between designated Club sites. Salary is inclusive of travel compensation.
- Have basic understanding of computer skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite, typing, email, and web applications.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Dustin Laster at email@example.com.