TITLE: Data & Development Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Resource Development Director
Approximately 50% percent of this role will be devoted to managing the various data systems and processes that track our youth’s outcomes and demographic information. This includes data entry and data analysis for grant reports, under the direction of the Resource Development Director. The remaining 50% of this role will be devoted to ensuring the successful execution of the organization’s various fundraising initiatives by providing administrative support for the Development Office. This individual will work closely with the Resource Development Director to execute mailings, produce marketing materials, track donor information in the donor database, coordinate details for fundraising events, complete monthly grant reimbursements, and other tasks as assigned.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Set up any new programs in KidTrax member tracking system at the start of each membership period, i.e. beginning of the school year and beginning of the summer.
- Serve as point of contact to Boys & Girls Clubs of America for National Youth Outcomes Initiative. Troubleshoot any problems with NYOI mapping to our member tracking system and downloading data.
- Coordinate annual NYOI survey administration. Work with the Director of Program Quality to prepare materials for each site and train program staff on survey administration procedures as needed.
- Set up internal youth surveys in KidTrax at the start of each school year. This includes enrolling all eligible youth into the appropriate surveys. Create new surveys as needed. Facilitate and track survey administration by program staff at each site.
- Pull reports to identify missing/incorrect data in the member tracking system and communicate with program staff to get it completed or corrected.
- Become proficient in all aspects of KidTrax, and take ownership of database maintenance and accuracy (cleaning data). Work with tech support to resolve any issues or questions that may arise.
- Create training materials on Trax procedures, and serve as a resource for Club staff in regards to Trax questions, trainings, and troubleshooting.
- Update the organizational scorecard monthly or as requested by the CEO and/or RDD. Add additional metrics and make changes as requested.
- Manage the organization’s fee sheets for all sites, including creation of the fee sheets at the start of each school year and summer. Record weekly ACH payments in the fee sheets. Complete the collection rates document weekly based on the budget vs. actual totals in each fee sheet. Produce training materials on fee sheet procedures and serve as a resource for Club staff in regards to fee sheets questions, trainings, and troubleshooting.
- Export data from KidTrax member tracking system into Excel databases as requested. Reformat and manipulate Excel spreadsheets to analyze data and produce charts and graphs for grant reports.
- Work with Resource Development Director to complete financial reports for all reimburseable grants by the 15th of the month (LEAP, 21st Century, Abstinence) or monthly/as requested (OJP) by the RDD.
- Assist Resource Development Director with the research of funding prospects and the preparation of grant reports and grant applications, as needed.
- Work with Resource Development Director to ensure all grant outcomes are being met, and pull reports to check progress on program attendance entry, completion of grant required programs, SWORPS, surveys, etc.
- Accurately log gifts and enter donor information in the DonorPerfect CRM system. Manage the DonorPerfect database and ensure accurate data. Become proficient in all aspects of DonorPerfect and be able to generate customized reports for the Development Staff and Board of Directors as needed.
- Generate thank you letters, gift acknowledgements, and pledge reminders. Ensure timely recognition of all gifts within 48 hours of receipt.
- Execute mail merges to produce annual campaign letters, donor newsletter mailing labels, and other communications.
- Assist Development Staff with the production of donor newsletters, brochures, event invitations, and other publications. This can include gathering stories and pictures, obtaining release forms, assisting with design in Publisher and other tools, etc.
- Execute bulk mailing procedures for the organization’s bulk mailings (newsletters, holiday cards, etc.).
- Assist the Resource Development Director with the creation of mass marketing email blasts in Constant Contact as requested.
- Assist with all tasks as needed to execute our fundraising events. This includes, but is not limited to: maintaining spreadsheets to track progress on securing sponsors and auction items, producing letters to request auction items, picking up auction items and supplies around town, tracking RSVPs, producing thank you letters, coordinating speakers/photographers/guest talent, event set-up and tear down, working duties as assigned at events (includes evening and weekend hours), and other responsibilities as needed to support the Board and Development Staff in executing a successful event.
Assist with other responsibilities as needed to help support the day-to-day operations of Boys & Girls Clubs and the Development Team.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Excellent attention to detail. Typos in donor thank you letters or mistakes in grant reimbursements can cost the organization much-needed funds. This role requires the utmost ability to produce accurate, thorough, mistake-free work even through repetitive processes.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint skills required. Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred. Thorough understanding of Excel formulas and formatting and mail-merge techniques will be needed to perform job functions.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong problem-solving skills and internet research skills. The successful candidate must be resourceful and able to generate solutions to challenges independently.
- Minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute.
- Strong general computer skills. Must be able to quickly learn and master databases and new software programs.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of similar professional experience.
- Background or experience in fundraising/development preferred.
- Ability to interact professionally with Club staff, Board members, volunteers, and other parties.
- Must be trustworthy and able to maintain donor confidentiality. Must adhere to strict standards to uphold ethical nonprofit gift solicitation, acceptance, and utilization practices.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Sitting: Must be able to sit in office chairs a minimum of 60% of work time in order to successfully perform the work responsibilities.
Transportation: Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to occasionally use personal vehicle to pick up items or travel to sites in the Maury/Giles County area.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Resource Development Director Lauren La Porte at firstname.lastname@example.org.