TITLE: Education Director
REPORTS TO: Chief Academic Officer
SALARY RANGE: Negotiable based on experience
BGCMC is looking for an energetic, talented and passionate candidate to serve as the Education Director. Under the supervision of the Chief Academic Officer this position is responsible for managing the part-time tutors that work for our organization. The Education Director will assist the CAO with data entry and maintaining the Club’s academic roster. The Education Director will assist the CAO in overseeing the Academic Success of all Club members.
Managing Part-Time Tutors
- Assist CAO in finding and hiring tutors at our targeted sites.
- Meet with part-time tutors throughout the year to ensure everything is going well and sharing data with them
- Collect timesheets and any other necessary documents from tutors to submit to the CAO at the end of each pay period.
- Regularly communicate with CAO about issues/concerns regarding tutors
- Assist CAO in purchasing any necessary supplies for tutors
Data Entry & Academic Roster
- Assist CAO in collecting Academic Releases for all members from each site
- Assist CAO by making sure that all parent portals are up to date each month.
- Prepare spreadsheet for students who need to be added to/removed from each of our parent portals
- Assist CAO in ensuring that all members have been entered and/or are up-to-date in our member management system throughout the school year.
- Assist CAO and other program staff with inputting quarterly grades in database.
- Fill in as a tutor when necessary.
- Assist CAO in finding/developing curriculum for Academic programs (STEM, Power Hour, etc…)
- Assist CAO, Unit Directors, and Area Directors in planning Academic Celebrations each quarter at all sites.
- Assist CAO in ensuring that Grant Outcomes are being met at all relevant sites.
- Maintain open communication and collegial, positive relationships with BGCMC staff.
- Maintain open communication and collegial, positive relationships with Maury County Public Schools staff.
- Ability to coach, lead, and mentor staff on program implementation. Able to develop and offer constructive criticism that is received well and leads to improved performance.
- Participate in professional development activities to learn about new, innovative academic initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or other academically related field is required.
- Teaching License is preferred, but not required.
- 3+ years’ experience tutoring children, including teenagers.
- Established proficiency in all core subjects (ELA, Math, Science, and Social Studies)
- Background in middle and high school math and science is preferred, but not required
- Proficient technology skills.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required. Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to lead and collaborate; strong leadership skills necessary.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a variety of assessment tools.
- Demonstrate knowledge of curriculum and subject matter.
- Ability to accomplish tasks under pressure.
- Prioritizes and follows through on tasks and assignments.
- Ability to connect and build positive relationships with youth-work professionals, other staff, and targeted community members.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to manage time and projects efficiently.
- Communicates recommendations and suggestions clearly with all team members.
- Reliable transportation is a must.
- Must be willing to undergo a background check & drug screening.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job. All employees of Boys & Girls Clubs of Maury County are employees at will and signing this job description in no way enters into a contract for employment.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to Chief Academic Officer Kenny Anderson Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org.