Title: Site Coordinator (Pulaski)
Reports To: Giles County Executive Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Expected Hours: 30-35 hrs./week (Up to 40 in the Summer)
The Site Coordinator position is a hybrid role whose primary function is to facilitate the day to day operations, programming, fee collections, and customer service of the designated Club site. Responsibilities are centered in overseeing that the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of specific programs for youth between grades K-12th within the designated Club are performed daily, ensuring compliance with organizational requirements. The Pulaski Site Coordinator also provides leadership and supervision to assigned program and volunteer staff; helps with managing the Club’s member database and takes ownership in parent interactions in absence of the Executive Director. This includes proper attendance and financial tracking; ensuring accurate attendance and financial accounting is kept up to date. The Pulaski Site Coordinator is pivotal in supporting our priority outcome areas of Academic Success, Healthy Lifestyles, and Good Character & Citizenship.
Key Roles (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Youth & Program Success
- Oversee and assist Youth Development Coordinators in the administration of Pulaski Clubhouse targeted programs and high-yield activities that support Youth Development Outcomes.
- Responsible for having working knowledge of key Boys & Girls Clubs of America metric initiatives, including but not limited to: 5 Key Elements for Positive Youth Development, Weikert Center Pyramid for Youth Program Quality Initiative (YPQI), and BGCA National Youth Outcomes Initiative (NYOI) Survey
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in the program promoting a High-Quality Club Experience.
- Support the Executive Director in maintaining the Clubhouse program goals and settings to ensure the health and safety of members.
- Help site staff understand and effectively communicate the standards of Boys & Girls Club programming.
- Model proper program facilitation for Youth Development Staff.
- Assist with the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis; including, but not limited to, tracking outcome metrics (surveys), ensuring programs/activities respond to member needs, and tracking program attendance.
- Support Executive Director with member behavior issues in compliance with BGCMC behavior policy. Must be able to effectively deescalate and navigate conflict between members. Complete all necessary documentation & escalate/communicate major issues to Executive Director.
- Assist Executive Director in ensuring grant funded program requirements are tracked and met in the allotted deadlines.
- Responsible for managing program supplies and inventory of the Pulaski Unit.
- Work with Executive Director to formulate “seasonal” program schedule, and then responsible for working with Youth Development Staff to uphold the schedule.
- Identify field trip opportunities and work with Executive Director to schedule and coordinate.
- Parent Interaction/Customer Service
- Responsible for communication with parents, fellow BGCMC staff, volunteers, and visitors regarding any issues, program updates, and general Club information per the directive of the Executive Director; including but not limited to; parent letters, Remind App, etc.
- Collect all payments due from parents each Friday. Issue receipts and log payments accurately on Google Docs Fee Sheets. Follow up with parents on delinquent payment as requested by Executive Director via face to face requests, emails, or phone calls.
- Ensure daily attendance count is accurately recorded and documented. Follow up with fellow staff members to track down any missing attendance.
- Work the Club entrance/exit by following proper sign-in/sign-out procedures, checking identification for all individuals picking up youth, and verifying against approved transportation contacts.
- Club Environment
- Greet families, guests/visitors, members, and volunteers as they enter the Club. Answer front desk phone politely and professionally.
- Assess the Club daily for any safety concerns, supporting a Safe & Positive Environment for our members.
- Responsible for ensuring the Club facility is clean and all equipment is in working order; and ensuring daily cleaning protocols are followed by Youth Development Staff, as well as completing personal cleaning responsibilities
- Monitor work assigned to program volunteers and staff, providing ongoing feedback. Identify possible training and development opportunities for staff/volunteers.
- Support Executive Director in staff trainings
- Responsible for proper record keeping and reporting, including activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figure s, notable achievements and any problems/issues with members and staff.
- A minimum of 21 years of age and shall have at least two years of college training or a recognized credential of the state and one year of full time or two years of part time school-age care documented work experience (paid or unpaid) in a group setting.
- A minimum of 21 years of age and shall have earned a high school diploma or equivalent educational credential recognized by the state and two years of full-time or four years of part time school-age care documented work experience (paid or unpaid) in a group setting.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of large, small, and team dynamics.
- Demonstrated organizational staff and project management abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills, exhibiting a high level of professionalism in both the community and work setting.
- Proficient in basic computer skills, typing, web applications, and Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Word, Publisher, Power Point.
- Working knowledge of Boys & Girls Club of America training system, Spillett University.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job. The signing of this document in no way constitutes a contractual agreement between organization and employee and should not be interpreted as such.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Giles County Executive Director Devon Yurko at email@example.com for consideration.