TITLE: Unit Director, Wayne Street/Randolph Howell
REPORTS TO: Chief Operations Officer (COO)
Directs/manages overall daily operations of the Wayne Street Unit Clubhouse and the Randolph Howell Elementary School Greatness Academy site with the primary concerns of scheduling, supervision and training of staff, membership administration, fee collections, facilities management, interfacing with parents, and relations and communication with the COO.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment, ensuring that facilities, equipment, and supplies are maintained in good working order.
- Effectively train part-time staff on BGC processes and procedures while monitoring and managing their performance and coaching them to the highest level. Ensure all safety procedures are being followed daily to keep youth safe at the Club.
- Recruit, manage and provide career development opportunities for part-time staff. Conduct regular staff meetings.
- Work closely with the Education Director and COO to help facilitate the tutoring program and ensure all youth are on track to meet academic objectives.
- Interface with parents regularly to answer questions, address concerns, resolve issues, and collect membership payments. Hold regular parent meetings, and build strong relationships with members’ parents and families.
- Manage the annual Department of Education certification and inspection process for your sites, compile required documentation, and ensure site compliance with all DOE mandates and guidelines.
- Ensure the Unit’s programs are being implemented as scheduled and with fidelity to ensure they meet stated objectives and member needs and interests.
- Compile regular reports reflecting all activities, attendance and participation.
- Assist in managing financial resources by assisting in the development of Unit budget.
- Control expenditures against budget. Ensure proper purchasing and reimbursement procedures are followed by all site staff.
- Ensure administrative and operational systems are in place to maintain the operation of the physical property and equipment of the Club, preventing damage to school & Club property and ensuring that the Club site is maintained in a safe condition and good working order.
- Ensure proper membership fee collection & reconciliation procedures are being followed each week, and that accurate collection records are entered into your site’s membership fee spreadsheet in a timely manner.
- Develop partnerships with parents, school officials, community leaders and organizations.
- Represent the Club at community functions and participate in community initiatives. Be a visible presence in the community.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Work with the Resource Development Director to capture and submit pictures and information about Club activities and ensure visibility of your assigned Club site.
- Ensure that all staff at your site are adhering to the organization’s Marketing & Communications Policy and Unit Fundraising Policy.
- Recruit youth to the program by visiting schools, having a booth at school functions and community events, distributing flyers, etc.
- Ensure attendance collection procedures are being followed daily and that attendance is entered into the member tracking database on time each week. Monitor attendance records against the stated program schedule and grant requirements. Investigate and resolve any discrepancies.
- Collect staff time sheets every two weeks, verify hours, and resolve any discrepancies. Ensure time sheets and all required HR paperwork are turned in on time to the appropriate party at the Administrative Office. Ensure background checks and required new hire paperwork is completed on all employees prior to beginning work with youth.
- Maintain up to date and complete Club member files and ensure they are stored in a confidential manner.
- Ensure proper administration of surveys, post-tests, and other data collection from members at your site, adhering to the organizational timeline for these activities.
- Purchase or approve purchase of supplies and equipment.
- Assist Development staff with donor stewardship and/or fundraising event needs, as requested.
- Exercise authority in problems relating to members; utilize guidance and discipline plan.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- A minimum of five years’ work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability in personnel supervision, facilities management, and the recruitment and retention of key personnel.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong leadership abilities. Must be able to inspire and bring out the best in part-time staff. Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate staff is a must.
- Ability to deal effectively with members, including in the case of discipline problems.
- Working knowledge of budget preparation, control, and management.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and basic computing functions (typing, email, web-based applications).
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees
in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees
assigned to this job.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Chief Operations Officer Josh Campbell at email@example.com.