REPORTS TO: Unit Director
Non Exempt, part time.
HOURLY WAGE: Starting $10/hour
HOURS: After-school Monday-Friday from dismissal until 6pm. 8 hour days on school break periods and during the summer.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Maury County Registrars ensure accurate attendance and financial accounting; aid in security of Club youth by ensuring that parents, guardians, and visitors follow appropriate sign in/sign out procedures; ensure compliance with DOE/state reporting and documenting requirements (i.e. fire drill logs, bus logs, visitor sign-in and out logs); convey attendance-related information to appropriate parties; collect payments on membership dues from parents/guardians; record fee payments in the Fee Spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets; and provide general clerical support, information, and/or direction as needed. The Registrar in addition to attendance and clerical duties must be able to interact effectively and positively with people of various ages, backgrounds, and needs.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Utilize tracking software on the computer to accurately document member sign-in and sign-out procedures.
- Collect and accurately report program service and membership fees
- Manage communication with Club members, parents, staff, volunteers, and visitors.
- Greet families, guests/visitors, members, and volunteers as they enter the Club
- Ensure daily attendance count is accurately completed and turned in on time
- Provide security for member entrance, and report any incidents of injury or destruction.
- Disseminate, collect, and properly file all documentation related to Club members (i.e. registration forms, release forms, and disciplinary sheets)
- Maintain proper record keeping and information as required by DOE
- A minimum of two to five years of work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (or Google Sheets) is highly preferred
- Basic computer skills are required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group and team dynamics
- Demonstrated organizational, staff, and project management abilities
- Understanding of the Club’s philosophy, vision, and goals
- Excellent customer service skills
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions
External: Maintain contact as needed with external community groups, schools, member’s parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Complete the employment application and email it to Pierre Covington at firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop it off in person between 8am-5pm M-F at 210 W. 8th Street, Columbia, TN 38401. Please include a copy of your resume if available.